5th Gen 4Runner Grille Kits & Grille Mods
Grille Mods, Raptor Light Mods & TRD Pro Grille Kit Options on the 5th Generation 4Runner
The list below should give you a good place to start when exploring aftermarket grille kits.
- Top 15 front bumper options
- OEM TRD Pro grille
- CTH TRD Pro grille
- TSO Pro grille
- 10-13 (early model) TRD Pro grille kit
- Blacked out (smoked) raptor lights
- Raptor light grille kit with pods
- Overland Depot grille & raptor Lights
- 2014+ front-end conversion
- Blackout front bumper valance
- Behind the grille light bar kit
- DIY raptor/marker light mod
- Hidden winch mounts
- Top fog light upgrades
We have a wide variety of grille mods to choose from. With the change in body style from the 4th Gen to the 5th Gen, Toyota opened up room for improvements, especially in the TRD Pro department.
You can choose a grill kit with a hidden light bar on the top row or lower row, dual-mounted hidden light bars, replacement mesh grille kits, raptor light kits, raptor light pods, hidden winch mounts, color-matched TRD Pro grille kits, and so much more. There many options for accessories, add-ons, and additional functionality when it comes to your 5th Gen 4Runner grille.
Some of the most popular options:
- TRD Pro Grille Kit
- Raptor light kits for TRD Pro
- Raptor light kits for SR5, Trail, and TRD OR
- Raptor light kit for limited
- Hidden 32″ light bar kits
- Hidden 20″ light bar kits
- Hidden top row grille with two light bars (SR5, Trail, TRD OR)
- Hidden lower row grille with one light bar (TRD Pro)
- Hidden lower dual row light bar kits
- Hidden winch mount grille kits
- Behind the grille light bar brackets
- Anytime camera additions
- Replacement mesh grille kits
- Grille kit emblems
- Grille kit heritage decals
TRD Pro Grille Kit
Featured: @Mister_elguea with white TRD PRO Grille Kit from TSO
Probably the most popular Front End Grill kit for a 5th Gen 4Runner is the TRD Pro conversion. These TRD Pro kits are readily available all over the Internet (eBay, Amazon, Etsy, and tons of Shopify resellers) however most of them or knockoff versions. That doesn’t necessarily mean they’re bad, they’re just not original Toyota quality Parts. The factory Toyota TRD Pro Grill kit is around $600 while you can get a knockoff version for $100 – $120 and sometimes even less.
Most companies that are reselling these grills often pair the grille with a set of raptor lights. Companies like CarTrimHome.com, ToyotaProShop.Store and Overland Depot are well-known for being resellers of knock off TRD Pro kits with raptor lights.
We have personally tested the Car Trim Home version along with the Toyota Pro Shop version and for what it’s worth, they are actually pretty nice. All these kits more or less come from the same manufacturing facility in China and you really can’t get the manufacturing process wrong on this. There’s one main trim piece that covers the factory cross-section and then the TOYOTA letters. If you are debating on what company to go with, I wouldn’t debate for too long as the quality seems to be all about the same.
Trail Standard Off-Road is one company that makes custom TRD Pro kits (pictured above). If you reach out to Trail standard off-road, you can get a TRD Pro kit with no letters, in white color, and many other options.
OE Toyota Grille Kit:
- Original Toyota TRD Pro Grille: Check Price
Generic TRD Pro Grille
- TRD Pro Grille with Upper Grille (full kit): Check Price
- TRD Pro Grille with Marker Lights: Check Price
- Blackout Marker Lights: Check Price
- Trail Standard Off-Road TRD style Grille: Check Price
Other Grille Mods
Pictured: @AdventureMotors with a custom grille kit from TSO
The other grille mods below are great options for our front-end but keep in mind, some of these are not compatible with aftermarket front bumpers. In that link, you will find a list of full-length and low profile bumper options.
Keep in mind that when you are shopping for an aftermarket grille kit or bumper that sometimes the two may not be compatible. For the most part, though, the TRD Pro Grille kit is compatible with most if not all aftermarket bumpers. Many owners convert their SR5, Trail Edition, and TRD off-road models over to the TRD Pro Grille kit so most of the fabrication companies design around the TRD Pro Grille.
In any case, take a look at some other grille mod ideas below.
Aftermarket Grille Mods
- Led Amber Marker Lights 2014-2021 TRD Pro Grille
- Led Smoked Grille Lights Kits for 4Runner (SR5, Trail, TRD Off-Road) 2014-2021
- 4Runner X-Metal with Mesh Grille & Bumper Kit – $800+
- Hidden Upper Grille (SR5, Trail, TRD OR Grille) Light Bar Kit
- Hidden Upper Grille Mount Full Length (TRD PRO Grille) LED Bar 2014-2020 4Runner
- Hidden Lower Grille Mount Full Length (32″) LED Bar 2014-2020 4Runner
- Hidden Lower Grille Mount 20″ Light Bar 2014-2020 4Runner
- Satoshi Grill Mod/ XP Predator Package
- Truck Accessories Guy TRD Pro-Style Grille | 2010 – 2013 5th Gen 4Runner
- Rigid Industries Grille Replacement Mod with LED Pods + Bars
- DBC 4Runner LED Cube Lower Grille Insert – $400
- T-Rex Stealth Metal Grille – $1200 with LED Lightbar
- Model Stainless Steel Black Mesh Rivet Studs Grille Insert
- T-REX Grilles – Billet Grille Kit – $350
- TORCH Series LED Light Grille With Light Bar, Mesh Grille & Bumper Kit – $1400
- Tri-color Grille Badge Emblem (grey)
- Tri-color Grille Badge Emblem (blue)
- Tri-color Grille Badge Emblem (Heritage)
- TRD Grille Badge
- Toyota Heritage Stripe Grille Decals
- Toyota Heritage Straight Stripe Decals
Which Grill Kit is right for you?
Pictured: @faretta4r – Cali Raised Light Bar Bracket
Depending on your style, you have plenty of options to choose from. From the wide variety of TRD Pro grill kits to the extensive lineup you have for hidden light bar options, you can really make your 4Runner your own.
Take your time and do your research before jumping into anything right away. First, you want to decide how you are going to use your truck. Whether that’s going to be on the street only or off-road a lot, this should have an impact on what you decide.
With most of our builds, we are never finished. We may get started with a hidden behind the grill light bar and then later add a full-width front bumper that would then delete that hidden light bar. All I’m saying is that if you intend on adding a full-width front bumper in the future or a bumper that is not compatible with a hidden light bar or a specific grille kit then you may not want to buy it in the first place.
Think about the future of your build and where you see your 4 Runner in the next one to two years or even 5 to 10 years and then make a decision based on that. Don’t jump on the first mod you see because it looks cool. Again, take your time, and do your research.
Good luck choosing a grille kit for your build.
Questions or Comments? Leave them below!