5th Gen Mods, Accessories, Install, Off-Road

5th Gen 4Runner Pro Comp Leveling Kit

Updated 4/1/18 / Read Time: 4 mins

5th Gen 4Runner & FJ Cruiser Pro Comp Nitro Leveling Kit

5th Gen 4Runner Leveling Kit

Pro Comp Nitro 2 Inch Rear and 3 Inch Front Leveling Lift Kit – 65210K

For the complete install on this leveling kit, click below:

The Pro Comp Nitro Kit (2 Inch Rear and 3 Inch Front) leveling kit is a high-quality, well-built level/lift kit for the 5th Generation 4Runner. This leveling kit is a little more robust than some of the more simple level kits out there. While most leveling kits at the $100-$200 price range come with front spacers, the Pro Comp takes it a step further. This kit comes with 2″ beefy rear coil spring spacers and 3″ front strut spacers.

Where Can you Get this Kit?

With this precision engineered coil spring spacer and strut spacer leveling kit, you will get heavy-duty blocks along with application-specific designed hardware (E-coat finish on U-bolts with Zinc plated nuts).

This is a bolt-on leveling kit that installs on the factory strut assembly. The Pro Comp kit is an easy installation and can easily be returned to a stock stance.

While this is strictly a leveling kit with coil spring spacers and strut spacers, there are many other options that Pro Comp and other brands offer with advanced shocks and coilovers. The Pro Comp kit is a happy medium between a basic leveling kit and a more expensive leveling kit or full lift kit.

There are a handful of other leveling kit options available out there. It’s really on your preference to decide which lift or leveling kit is right for your daily driving or Off-Road driving needs. In most cases, a leveling kit should offer plenty of clearance.

Different types of Leveling Kits

• Strut Extensions (Pro Comp Front)
  • Torsion Keys
  • Coil Spacers (Pro Comp Rear)
  • Block Kits

Why a Leveling Kit Instead of a Lift Kit?

Pro Comp Level Kit 5th Gen 4Runner (Struts and Spacers)

With a leveling kit, you can add a larger set of wheels and tires without rubbing with adding the ability to attack larger trails with advanced terrain. With a leveling kit, you can also remove the raked look (nose slanted down) that comes stock off the lot. Choosing a leveling kit over a suspension lift kit will save you money.

Money is the biggest reason why anyone would buy a leveling kit over a suspension lifts. Most lift kits and suspension kits on the market are built for serious Off-Roading. Most high-quality suspension lift kits are $2000+ ($3000 for our Icon) and a high-quality leveling kit like this Pro Comp is only $350.

If you plan on doing serious Off-Roading, buy a suspension kit, not a leveling kit. If you plan on cruising around town and hitting the occasional trail here and there, buy a leveling kit.

Leveling kits are easier to install than suspension kits and lift kits. You can check out our Stage 2 Icon Suspension Installation for more detail on what it takes to install a suspension kit. You will have a much easier time installing a leveling kit as opposed to a full suspension kit with upper control arms.

What’s inside the Box?

Pro Comp Level Kit - What's in the Box?

When you open the box to this leveling kit, you can tell that Pro Comp puts effort into their products. The strut spacers and coil spacers along with the hardware is packaged tightly and individually wrapped. The Pro Comp Level Kit also comes with a full-color instruction manual (although our instructions are going to be much better in a future post).

Pro Comp Level Kit 5th Gen 4Runner - Instructions

What’s actually in the box?

• 94-8080m STRUT SPACERS (2)
  • 90-4299 REAR COIL SPACERS (2)
  • DIFF MOUNT SPACER (2)
  • SKID PLATE SPACERS (3)
  • HARDWARE PACK (FRONT/BACK)
  • INSTRUCTION MANUAL
  • STICKER SWAG

Pro Comp Warranty

Pro Comp offers a warranty against any manufacturers defects; including all of the hardware and installation kit items (limited to repair or replacement). All costs of the removal, installation, and shipping (freight) are not included in their warranty.

Pro Comp will not cover any of the items if they were damaged after you install the kit or during the installation process. basically, you are assuming all risk and responsibility if anything goes wrong with your installation. Which seems pretty standard given just about any product ever made these days.

Straight from Pro Comp:

The Pro Comp Promise is the only true lifetime warranty. Our warranty is 100% transferable between owners and their vehicles. There’s no need for receipts or proof of purchase when making a claim – we want to make it as painless for you as possible. Unlike other manufacturers, when we say ‘Lifetime Warranty’, we actually mean ‘LIFETIME WARRANTY’. We guarantee our products for their entire lifetime, whether you are the original purchaser or not, you can be assured that we will make it right. The Pro Comp Promise covers all suspension products including shocks and steering stabilizers.

Conclusion on this leveling kit or any leveling kit for your 5th Gen

Something to keep in mind when you are installing the 5th Gen Pro Comp Level Kit, DONT BE AN IDIOT. Use your best judgment when attempting to install any aftermarket part on your vehicle. If you do not feel confident or do not have the correct parts to install a leveling kit, take it to a mechanic.

bradley d shoulta
bradley d shoulta
October 2, 2020 11:53 am

hey brenen- or anyone with leveling kit experience. I was hoping to do 3″F 2″R leveling kit- on my 18 SR5- with adding 285-70-17. My tire shop was afraid that adding the 3″ leveling kit it would be too tall and would wear out my ball joints in less than a year. Is this a risk???

Lacey
Lacey
June 28, 2020 11:55 pm

I haven’t been able to find it anywhere in the comments or discussion yet, but I purchased this kit and I don’t see anywhere in the instructions provided with the kit, on YouTube videos or in your instructions about whether all of the hardware included in this kit is used for a 4runner. I have a 2017 SR5 and I know it will fit after checking with the manufacturer, however I can’t find anything about where and how to install all of the hardware provided except for the strut spacers and rear coil spacers and two of the front diff/skid… Read more »

Nathan Varey
Nathan Varey
April 17, 2020 11:41 am

Will this work on my 2012 trail edition?

Tosh
Tosh
January 3, 2020 4:22 pm

With this kit fit a 2020 off road premium?

Matt
Matt
September 17, 2019 7:43 am

If anyone stumbles on this article like I did and is looking for a good “budget” lift. Here’s what I wound up doing based off the info i got from this site. I went with the pro comp front lift only out of this kit. I also came across another article on here about the 6112/5160 bilstein lift (just search for it). So, I followed the article recommendation out of that write-up and did the Icon Spring/Bilstein shock in the rear. Frankensteined the two and wound up with a pretty good lift on a budget. https://trail4runner.com/2019/02/09/bilstein-5160-complete-guide-review/ and https://trail4runner.com/2018/07/03/bilstein-6112-5100-install-5th-gen-4runner/ If you… Read more »

Nate Warner
Nate Warner
March 11, 2019 2:34 pm

I really want to install this on my 2016 SR5 Premium. I trust Brenan and his expertise but am truly debating between two variants of what seems to be the same product. Either this Pro Comp 3F/2R Spacer/Leveling kit or the Rough Country 3F/2R Spacer/Leveling kit. Where I am hung up is that the Rough Country has additional shocks in the kit and am wondering if that provides a softer/smoother ride?

Dennis Tiangco
Dennis Tiangco
March 5, 2019 7:02 pm

Will this work on an 2018 TRD Offroad w/KDSS

Harsha koganti
Harsha koganti
October 30, 2018 11:51 pm

Can i use this kit on my 2018 trd off road premium with everything stock and after installing the kit, I’m planning to put 285/70 R17 . Does this effect my smooth ride or braking ? and any huge mileage difference ?

Harsha koganti
Harsha koganti
October 31, 2018 11:23 pm

Thank you for the reply . So if i still want the same ride quality what would you recommend .

Hector
Hector
April 12, 2018 2:21 am

Im confused why this wouldnt fit a 2018 TRD Off Road no KDSS

Joe
Joe
March 20, 2018 2:49 pm

Quick question. No one seems to say anything about realignment after installing this kit. The way I’m thinking about it I would think an alignment would be required after install. Am I correct?

Kevin
Kevin
March 15, 2018 7:49 pm

I have this kit on my 2017 4Runner Limited. I do not recommend this kit for anyone. My car feels like a boat on the FWY.You cannot make sudden lane changes with this kit. Going over a hump on the road the rear slams really hard like as if there were no shocks in the rear. This kit was not made to work with stock suspension.

Raj
Raj
July 7, 2018 3:03 pm
Reply to  Kevin

I am running this Kit with Bilstein Shocks and trust me that made the kit much more drivable and more effective offroad.

Avh26728
Avh26728
October 4, 2018 4:18 pm
Reply to  Raj

Which bilstein shocks did you use? Do the 5100’s work with this kit, and if so where did you set the adjustment to? Thanks

Mike
Mike
March 14, 2018 6:14 pm

does this work with KDSS?

Matt
Matt
January 5, 2018 4:03 pm

I have read some things about the rear spring spacers not working well with 2017-18, I read that you can modify the rear spacer to fit (assuming the diameter was different where it fits into the spring) have you come across this at all?

Nadan
Nadan
December 17, 2017 5:15 pm

Is this kit works for 2017 4 runner limited?

Preston
Preston
December 13, 2017 1:19 am

With this work with the RWD version too? I’m not trying to throw a serious lift on something that isnt going to be seeing intense trails.

Matt
Matt
November 17, 2017 7:56 pm

These numbers are a little confusing. I currently have a 1.5 inch rake on my 2016 4runner SR5. This kit will make it perfectly level? And what do you mean by occasional trail use with a spacer kit is okay? I don’t do anything major, like tires coming off the ground, but I do travel off road frequently. Friends say I should avoid the spacer due to suspension or wheel having less travel.

richard
richard
November 2, 2017 3:48 am

with the PRO COMP NITRO 3 INCH REAR AND 2 INCH FRONT LEVELING LIFT KIT – 65210K what is the max tire size i can install on a 2017 4runner trd off road

Grille Kits and Front-End Kits 5th Gen 4RunnerTRD Oil Cap - Toyota 4Runner