Trail4R.com – 4Runner Mods, Installs & Part Overviews
5th Gen 4Runner Mods, Installs, Reviews, and Part Overviews
With Trail4Runner.com, we wanted to create a mix of trips and mods. We started Trail 4Runner for a variety of reasons but one of the biggest was due to all the broken images and broken links in the forums. It seemed like every build or “how-to” our group was looking up had dead images or broken image links.
We are a group of 4Runner and Tacoma owners in Greater Sacramento, Ca. We love nature, camping, fishing, hiking, 4Runners, rocky trails and everything in between. We wanted a place to share our installs and stories. And so, Trail4R.com was born.
Whether they are quick one-day trail spots or weekend adventures, we try to share it all. We also share our favorite accessories and review exterior and interior parts. Follow along with our experience, trips, love for the great outdoors and our appreciation in what makes every 4Runner unique; accessories and mods.
A Long History of 4Runner Love
My current 4Runner is a 2014 Trail Premium 4Runner; however, this is not my first. My first 4Runner was a 1999 SR5 4WD Jade Green, that I purchased in 2002, and I loved all 200,000+ miles of the ride. My girl also has a 2016 SR5 4Runner, and many friends of the blog have Toyotas.
Since 2002, I have seen many different 4Runner builds with many different accessories and mods and one day knew that I was going to build my own, and more importantly, build it right. In the blog, It is our goal to review hundreds of modifications to the truck so we will see what happens.
What is the Blog about?
4Runner Mods: Hopefully, this website and blog will find you well. We plan on covering a few 5th Gen mods over the next few years and possibly down the line, 6th Gen mods. In mods section of our site, you will find everything from leveling & lift kits to simple addition as well as performance mods.
For Trails: Some of the most well-known trails we will be covering will include trails throughout Northern California near highway 80, highway 49 and up Highway 50 just East of Sacramento and North East of Sacramento. Hopefully, we can put some serious miles on the 4Runner and head up to Oregon, over to Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Vegas, and of course down south to So Cal.
Photography Spots in Northern California
- Big Sur, San Francisco, and Santa Cruz
- Bodega Bay – Sonoma Coast State Park
- Helicopter Over Big Sur – Post Ranch Inn
- Point Reyes National Seashore Photography Spots
- Hope Valley in the Fall – South Lake Tahoe
- Daffodil Hill near Sutter Creek, CA
- McCloud Falls – McCloud, CA
- Mt. Shasta, CA and Shasta County
Well Known 4×4 Trails in Northern California
- The Rubicon Trail in Tahoma, CA
- Grouse Ridge and Bowman Lake, Cisco Grove, CA
- Baltic Ridge – Mormon Emigrant Gap
- Blackwood Canyon & Ellis Peak at Lake Tahoe
- Iowa Hill Loop, Colfax, CA
- Long Canyon 4wd Trail – Kyburz, CA
- Donner Pass – Castle Pass and Castle Peak
- Fish Rock Road, Boonville, CA – North of Bodega Bay
- Lost Coast Pacific Coast Drive & Humboldt Redwoods State Park
- Old Latrobe Road 4×4 Trail
- Diggins Trail
- Laurel Lakes
- Crystal Peak Loop
- Blue Lakes & Indian Valley
- Genoa Peak Road
- Barrett Lake
- Fort Bragg – Sherwood Road
- Fordyce Lake and Signal Peak 4×4 Trail
- Hell Hole Reservoir Road Drive
- Miami Trail
- Strawberry Pass
- Deer Valley
- Cow Mountain OHV Area & Benmore Creek Loop Trail Drive
Well Known Central/ Northen California Lakes
- Bucks Lake
- Upper Blue Lake
- Buena Vista Lake
- Clair Engle Lake
- Clear Lake
- Clear Lake Reservoir
- Eagle Lake
- Fordyce Lake
- Gold Lake
- Goose Lake
- Honey Lake
- Lake Almanor
- Lake Oroville
- Lake Tahoe
- Mono Lake
- Owens Lake
- Shasta Lake
Well Known Central/ Northen California Rivers
- Eel River – Humbolt County
- Feather River – Yuba, Sacramento and Plumas Counties
- Kings River – Central California, Central Valley
- Klamath River – High Northern California close to Oregon
- Mokelumne River – Northern California near the Bay Area
- Owens River – Central California East of Yosemite
- Pit River – Northern California near Shasta Lake
- Russian River – Northern California near Sonoma and Mendocino Counties
- Sacramento River – Sacramento, CA
- Trinity River – Northern California near Shasta
If you have any questions about Trail4Runner.com, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to help in any way I can. Enjoy the ride and just be happy that you are one of the few that own one epic SUV that will take you just about anywhere you set your mind to.
From the Beach to the Mountains – Keep it Wild & Tread Lightly Everyone!