Trail 4Runner Blog | Photography & 4Runners
5th Gen 4Runner Mods, Trails and Photography Spots in California
With Trail4Runner.com, we wanted to create a mix of Northern California trail photos, trail expeditions as well as 5th Gen 4Runner builds and descriptions. We started Trail4Runner.com for a variety of reasons but one of the biggest was due to all the broken images for 4Runner builds on the forums. It seemed like every build or “how-to” our group was looking up had dead images or broken image links.
Trail4Runner.com was also started for our pure love of the trail. We are a group of 4Runner and Tacoma owners in Greater Sacramento, Ca. We love nature, camping, fishing, hiking, 4Runners, stout suspensions, rocky trails and everything in between. We wanted a place to share all of our 4Runner builds and trail stories.
And so, Trail4Runner.com was born. Our group was torn between TRD4Runner.com and Trail4Runner.com and felt that “Trail” fell more in line with our little trail photography adventures and then we later rebranded with Trail4R.com. In any case, Trail4Runner.com is a helpful guide for any 5th Gen 4Runner owners out there as well as anyone who likes to do mini photography expeditions here in California.
Whether they are quick one-day trail expeditions in Northern California or full California 4×4 Trails, we try to post every trail experience we have. We also share our favorite 4Runner Accessories and review external and internal 4Runner additions. Follow along with our 4X4 experiences, photography trips, love for the great outdoors and our appreciation in what makes every 4Runner unique; Accessories and Mods.
A Long History of 4Runner Love
My (Brenan Greene) current Runner is a 2014 Trail Premium 4Runner; however, this is not my first. My first 4Runner was a 1999 SR5 4WD Jade Green, that I purchased in 2002, and I loved all 200,000+ miles of the ride. My lady also has a 2016 SR5 4Runner, and many friends of the blog have 4Runners. Since 2002, I have seen many different T4R’s with many different Accessories and Mods and one day knew that I was going to go full steam into building out my own rig. In the blog, It is our goal to review hundreds of them.
Follow along and Keep it Wild T4R’s!
What is the Blog about?
4Runner Mods: Hopefully, this website and blog will find you well. We plan on running through a few 5th Gen 4Runner Mods over the next few years and possibly down the line, 6th Gen 4Runner Mods. In this section of our site, you will find everything from 5th Gen Leveling & Lift Kits to simple 5th Gen 4Runner mods as well as performance mods. We hope to cover many areas of the 5th Gen and eventually maybe the 6th Gen if we buy another 4Runner and sell the SR5. That is the goal anyway.
For Trails: Some of the most well-known trails we will be covering will include trails throughout Northern California near highway 80, highway 49 and up Highway 50 just East of Sacramento and North East of Sacramento. Hopefully, we can put some serious miles on the 4Runner and head up to Oregon and all the way over to Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Vegas, and of course down south to Southern California.
Best Photography Spots in Northern California
- Big Sur, San Francisco, and Santa Cruz
- Bodega Bay – Sonoma Coast State Park
- Helicopter Over Big Sur – Post Ranch Inn
- Point Reyes National Seashore Photography Spots
- Hope Valley in the Fall – South Lake Tahoe
- Daffodil Hill near Sutter Creek, CA
- McCloud Falls – McCloud, CA
- Mt. Shasta, CA and Shasta County
Well Known 4×4 Trails in Northern California
- The Rubicon Trail in Tahoma, CA
- Grouse Ridge and Bowman Lake, Cisco Grove, CA
- Baltic Ridge – Mormon Emigrant Gap
- Blackwood Canyon & Ellis Peak at Lake Tahoe
- Iowa Hill Loop, Colfax, CA
- Donner Pass – Castle Pass and Castle Peak
- Fish Rock Road, Boonville, CA – North of Bodega Bay
- Lost Coast Pacific Coast Drive & Humboldt Redwoods State Park
- Old Latrobe Road 4×4 Trail
- Diggins Trail
- Laurel Lakes
- Crystal Peak Loop
- Blue Lakes & Indian Valley
- Genoa Peak Road
- Barrett Lake
- Fort Bragg – Sherwood Road
- Fordyce Lake and Signal Peak 4×4 Trail
- Hell Hole Reservoir Road Drive
- Miami Trail
- Strawberry Pass
- Deer Valley
- Cow Mountain OHV Area & Benmore Creek Loop Trail Drive
Well Known Central/ Northen California Lakes
- Bucks Lake
- Upper Blue Lake
- Buena Vista Lake
- Clair Engle Lake
- Clear Lake
- Clear Lake Reservoir
- Eagle Lake
- Fordyce Lake
- Gold Lake
- Goose Lake
- Honey Lake
- Lake Almanor
- Lake Oroville
- Lake Tahoe
- Mono Lake
- Owens Lake
- Shasta Lake
Well Known Central/ Northen California Rivers
- Eel River – Humbolt County
- Feather River – Yuba, Sacramento and Plumas Counties
- Kings River – Central California, Central Valley
- Klamath River – High Northern California close to Oregon
- Mokelumne River – Northern California near the Bay Area
- Owens River – Central California East of Yosemite
- Pit River – Northern California near Shasta Lake
- Russian River – Northern California near Sonoma and Mendocino Counties
- Sacramento River – Sacramento, CA
- Trinity River – Northern California near Shasta
5th Gen Toyota 4Runner Mods, Builds, and Accessories
If you have any questions about Trail4Runner.com, the Trail T4R 4Runner, the 2016 SR5 4Runner or any questions in general, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to help in any way I can and if that’s questions about a specific trail in Northern California or a specific build out on an item in my garage, please ask.
There is something special about being in the middle of nowhere with your Trail 4Runner, SR5 or even your Limited. Trail4Runner.com is a collection of my trail expeditions, photography adventures, and my Trail 4Runner Build List.
From the Beach to the Mountains – Keep it Wild & Tread Lightly Everyone!