5th Gen 4Runner Front Bumper C4 Fab
C4 Fab Front Bumper for 5th Gen 4Runner
5th Gen 4Runner Front Bumper with Baja Designs S8 Lightbar and Winch
We were a part of the C4 Fabrication Lo Pro bumper group-buy and have been very excited about this bumper for awhile now. The C4 bumper for the 5th Gen 4Runner is a complete work of art.
The reason why we choose this front bumper as opposed to all of the other front bumpers out there was its ability to keep the factory front-end on the 5th Gen. Which, we all know is the best looking 4Runner front-end Toyota has made. This bumper seamlessly integrates into the lower valance area and almost looks OEM from the factory after mounted.
Other Options for Slim Mounted Front Bumpers?
There are hundreds of options out there for aftermarket bumpers, but this is just one option of many. SSO (Southern Style Off-Road) makes a similar designed front bumper but C4 Fab has a few more options and a slightly different look.
Both of these front bumpers will look great as an aftermarket solution. Both bumpers have options for lightbar cutouts, winch cutouts, license plate mounts, shackle mounts and hoop bar options. C4 Fabrication offers engraving options (Trail, TRD, TRD Pro, C4 Fab), and multiple hoop bar options (low and high), but C4 Fabrication does not offer powder coating like the SSO (Southern Style Off-Road) does.
Why did we decide to buy the C4 bumper?
We decided to go with the C4 bumper over the SSO Slim Line front bumper because C4 had a group-buy and it was one of those things that just happened late at night after a few beers. We have the C4 sliders installed, and love them.
The choice is up to you, but the C4 bumper is an amazing product, they are an amazing company and it’s no wonder why so many owners out there are rocking one.
- Multiple light mount options (Baja Designs and Extreme LED)
- Be cautious of running other brands for cutout specific reasons
- CNC machined cut – 3/16″ Pickled and Oiled (P&O) Steel Plate
- DOES NOT FIT LIMITED MODEL
- Ships with all hardware and mounting brackets
- Ships bare steel with no options for powder coating
- Cutting off your factory bumper valance section required
- Weight: 75lbs
- Compatible with TRD Pro Skid Plate and Other skid plates
- Multiple Winch options (Integrated and Non-Integrated / 8k-10k)
- Model Options: TRAIL/TRD Off-Road, SR5, or TRD Pro
- Bull Bar Tube: None/ Low Tubing or High Tubing
- 20″, 25″ and 30″ light bar cutout options
- Baja Designs Light Bar Options
- Extreme LED Light Bar Options
- Custom Text Options: TRAIL, TRD, TRD Off-Road or C4 Fab
- License Plate Mount: Yes/ No
You have a wide variety of winch options for this front bumper but a few that C4 Fabrication recommends.
- Smittybilt X20-10 Comp Gen2 Waterproof Winch with Synthetic Rope and Aluminum Fairlead – 10,000 lbs.
- Smittybilt XRC-9.5 Comp Gen2 Waterproof Winch with Synthetic Rope and Aluminum Fairlead – 9,500 lbs.
These are the only two winch options that C4 Fabrication has on their website. And, they are both good options. The main noticeable differences between these two is the X20-10 has a wireless remote and has a larger load rating. Which, 500lbs is not a huge difference here, so the biggest difference is the wireless remote.
The XRC-9.5 is still a great winch and is sure to pull you out of any situation you get in or pull someone else out. For $100 difference, the changes are minimal. But, having a wireless remote is pretty cool!
There are many other winches out there that are compatible with this winch. If you order a different winch, just make sure you look at the bolt pattern on the winch and the dimensions. These are two key points to keep in mind in making sure that your new winch will bolt down in the correct locations on the C4 bumper and will fit.
You also have a wide variety of lightbar options for the C4 bumper. C4 Fabrication has 20″, 25″ and 30″ light bar cutout options which can be ordered with the Baja Designs S8 Lightbar, the Extreme LED Pro Series or theExtreme LED X6S Slim Series. But, these are not the only light bar options that you have. You can order any 20″, 25″ and 30″ light bar you want, although other light bar options are not “guaranteed” to fit.
If you order a different lightbar for your C4 bumper, just make sure you know exactly what you are ordering before you go buying something different and hoping it will fit. It’s a safe bet to just buy everything from C4 Fab, so you know everything is compatible.
How Does everything Ship?
We ordered the Smittybilt X20-10 Waterproof Winch with Synthetic Rope at 10,000 lbs. We also ordered the S8 Baja lightbar. Both of these shipped separately from the actual bumper. The Winch arrived first and then came the lightbar, and last but not least was the bumper, which we then had to send off to powder coat.
MORE COMING SOON!