For Sale: 2005 4Runner V6 – Complete 4th Gen Overland/Off-Road Build
Looking For A Turn-Key Ready Expedition Vehicle? This Is The One!
Built 4Runners are dope. We all dig a well-built ride.
The only problem is, these builds take a ton of time, effort and a lot of money. Building your dream rig can be quite an investment. Now is your chance to own a fully and meticulously built 4Runner platform. This level of attention to detail and maintenance records is next to impossible to find.
Don’t have $60K to build that dream truck? Well, this is starting at $23.5K OBO. While pricey, you gotta give credit to the process behind building and maintaining a rig like this one.
Let’s take a deeper look into this Overland/Off-Road truck.
4th Gen 4Runner Overland Build List
2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition V6
- 202K miles
- 125K miles on engine (certified used, paperwork included)
- Full exhaust from URD (equal length headers, high-clearance Y-pipe, stainless cutback)
- CBI front bumper (32” Rigid Dual Row Amber/White LED bar, WARN M8000 winch, AmSteel synthetic winch line, Factor 55 thimble, Rigid Dually D2)
- CBI swing-away rear bumper (full-size spare, Rigid Duallys, camp table)
- Stubbs Welding sliders
- Full RCI skid plates (engine, transfer case, transmission, front/rear lower control arm, rear diff, rear lower control arm, gas tank)
- Modified Icon rear shock skids
- (5) Stealth Custom Series SR8s
- 285/75/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3s (approx. 45-50% tread, E load)
- GOBI stealth rack w/ sunroof attachment, awning brackets, shovel/ax mount
- LC80 snorkel kit
- Icon Vehicle Dynamics V.S. 2.5 Series – front coilovers and rear shocks w/ CDC
- Camburg uniball UCAs
- Metaltech rear heavy coils
- Metaltech extended bump stops
- Front/Rear Wheeler’s superbumps
- Metaltech rear upper/lower adjustable control arms
- Toytec aluminum adjustable panhard bar
- Extended rear brake lines
- Cab mount chopHayden auxiliary transmission cooler
- Ceramic tints (5% in the rear, 25% front windows)
- Clearanced wheel wells for 35-inch tire)
- AFE Power lifetime air filter
- Alpine 8100 NEX head unit w/ steering control module
- ARB onboard air compressor w/ tire kit
- Rear ARB air locker
- LED taillights
- Fumoto valve
- Firestik II
- Interior LED upgrade
- Scangauge II
- AJT key fob
- Weathertech floor mats front/rear
- Window wind/rain deflectors
- Custom-built rear platform with tracks and ARB fridge slide
- Full time 12V power to the rear
- Nations Alternator (DC Power Engineering) 190 AMP alternator
- Big “3” Wiring Upgrade
A few things are missing from this list, but the vast majority is there.
Within Last 5K – Mostly Brand New – All OEM Parts Where Possible
- Interstate battery
- PCV valve
- Spark Plugs
- A/C condenser
- O2 sensors
- Front/rear brakes
- CV axles (CVJ)
- Undercoated wheel wells
- Front brake lines
- Wiper blades
- Sylvania Silverstar headlight bulbs
- Fresh oil change
- Inner/outer tie rods
- Front-wheel bearings
- Hood/trunk shocks
- Front LCAs
- Serpentine belt
The following items are included.
- ARB 2000 Awning w/ Room & Windbreak
- Husqvarna Ax
- 48″ Hi-Lift Extreme
- (2) Traction/Recovery Boards
- Midland CB Radio
ALL newer fluids: coolant, transfer case, brake, front diff, rear diff, transmission, power steering
One of the cleanest 4th Gen 4Runners in the Midwest. The frame is mint, upon purchase 40+ hours sandblasting, acid-etching and applying industrial rust proofer and topcoat went into ensuring it would be good for years to come. During the winter, the frame coated was inside and out with Fluid Film (lanolin based rust inhibitor/lubricant) to protect against salt every winter. Regular car washes and details.
Fuel system treatment was done every oil change.
The original engine blew a head gasket at around 190k. Replaced with a certified engine from a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser w/ 119k original miles. Runs better than my old engine. I have put around 8k miles on the new engine with no issues.
This truck has been meticulously cared for and maintained over the last 6 years.
- sunroof sticks if allowed to open all the way, I don’t use it but all other functions work fine, track needs to be realigned and re-greased, no actual damage
- uniballs will need replacing in 10/15k
- rear wiper doesn’t work (has no purpose with a huge tire in the back)
- dash has a crack, under recall but I have never taken the truck in
- that’s about it!
The base truck, in good condition, is worth between 8/9k. The above maintenance and modifications total almost 40k. Tough to even say how much labor cost is involved.
This is an extremely solid platform that has never let me down and is essentially rebuilt from top to bottom. The truck is the definition of turnkey ready for anything. Of course, it’s not perfect. Rarely any car is.
The truck has had over 10k in work done in the last 6 months. 2k in the last three weeks alone. It needs nothing. Just a new owner.
I enjoy this truck but its time to start a new build. I hope this one will find its way into someone’s hands who can appreciate the time and effort behind building a rig like this. This car is my daily driver so the miles will slowly go up. Yes, I daily this 4Runner, it rides well. Averages around 15 mpg if I don’t drive with a heavy foot.
Asking 23.5K OBO, reasonable offers considered. CASH only. The transaction must be performed at a bank/public location or via a trusted 3rd party, for everyone’s comfort and safety. Cashier check only accepted under certain circumstances.
ALL REASONABLE OFFER CONSIDERED
Clean title in hand! Clean CarFax! 2 Owners, I can provide a full report.
Will consider trade for ONLY a 2017-2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad (plus cash, if need be) with less than 40k miles.
CALL/TEXT Konrad @ (224) 465-7591
Thanks for looking!